Study in Prague with King Charles College & Charles University
English Pre Med Programmes
Superior English Pre Med Courses - Study at the heart of Beautiful Prague
If you’re considering a career in medicine, of course, your natural succession should begin with pre-med courses. Our highly effective English pre med course, supervised by the Faculty of Medicine at Charles University, is a new and superior program right in the heart of Prague.
This intensive, 22-week program will allow undergraduate students to effectively study science at a university level to prepare for official Medical School admission exams.
In addition to the science courses involved in the program, students will gain valuable experience in oral presentations and important real-life scenarios that they may face in the medical field.
Once students have successfully completed this 22-week English Pre Med course, they will be given the opportunity to write the official admission exam, which, if passed, will gain them entry into the prestigious Medical Program at Charles University for the next academic year.
Are International Students Welcome?
The Charles University Pre-Med program is designed to assist non-European applicants with obtaining the appropriate paperwork and visas to study abroad. The University will also work with your alma mater to ensure all certifications and diplomas are accredited.
Since European institutions are so welcoming of international students, most top European Medical Schools, including Charles University, also offer merit-based scholarships that help international students with the high costs of medical school.
What should you expect from the programme?
Once you’ve decided to enter the medical field, you’ll see that most reputable Medical Universities offer one-year foundational courses that help you transition into the program. These courses are helpful in allowing aspiring Med Students to brush up on certain subjects before entering the competitive programs ahead. Although helpful, these programs can be costly. A pre-med program, which is just as effective, is shorter and less expensive. The 22-week, English Pre Med course at Charles University is broken down as follows:
- 2 weeks of orientation, including University tours and 100 hours of language studies in medical English, Czech, and Latin.
- 20 weeks of scientific courses, with four hours of classes daily, from Monday to Friday, including subjects such as Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physiology, and Anatomy.
- 5 visitations to the different medical faculties, including the Chemistry Lab, Simulation Centre, and Anatomy Museum.
After you’ve completed the program, you will walk away with:
- More than 320 Academic Hours
- A Medical Biology Book, Practice Booklets, Practice Seminars, and Online Material
- Application Support
- Official Completion Diploma and Grades (pending successful completion), plus Recommendation Letter for entry into the program
- Opportunity to sit for the official Entrance Exam
If you’re considering a career in the medical field, allow our English Pre Med course to take you to the next level. What are you waiting for?
Keep informing yourself and read our other posts on medical studies in the Czech Republic.