Right from the heart of Europe
Pre-Medical in Prague, CZ
Next Batch 28 OCT. 2024 - 28 FEB 2025
Right in the centre of Prague
Highly Effective 18 Weeks Pre-med Course Education
Frontal pre-med courses are offered from the heart of Prague and take place over the course of approx. 18 weeks of intense and effective studies.
During this time, students will learn and be trained in science at a university level and prepare for official admission exams as well as for their medical degree to come.
The programme will not only teach students about science but will train and prepare for oral presentations and how to cope with different tasks in different frontal facing scenarios.
Our Pre-Med Foundation offers an intensive preparation program for aspiring medical students, focusing on admission exam readiness for medical universities. Upon course completion, we guide students in organizing their admission exams, which they must pass to gain acceptance into the medical degree program (*also valid for Dentistry).
Structure of the Pre-Med Course
Included in the programme
What you get
Medically oriented education
1. Basic terms and concentration units in chemistry
2. The Periodic table
3. Electron configuration of the atom – Quantum theory
4. Chemical bonds
5. Chemical reactions
7. Colligative properties of solutions
8. Chemical equilibrium
9. Acid base balance
11. Molecularity and rate of chemical reaction
12. Electrochemistry- Oxidation Reduction reactions
2. Types and mechanism of organic reactions
3. Hybrid states of organic compounds
4. Bonds in organic compounds
5. Alkanes and alkenes
6. Alkyl halides and aryl halogenides
7. Aromatic compounds
8. Oxygen containing organic compounds
9. Oxo compounds
10. Carboxyl group
11. Sulfur containing organic compounds
12. Nitrogen containing organic compounds
1. Properties of water
2. Properties and characteristics of metals
3. Oxide molecules
4. Grouped elements – Characteristics and typical reactions
1. Basic properties of life
3. Macromolecules – Carbohydrates, Lipids, Proteins, Nucleic acids
4. Cell structure and basic function
5. Cellular membrane
6. Enzymes and Bioenergetics
8. The cell cycle
9. DNA synthesis
10. Meiosis, Mitosis
11. Basic Genetics
12. Protein synthesis
13. Gene regulation
14. Genetic diseases
15. Pathogens – Viruses, Bacteria, Parasite
16. Types of tissues in the human body
3. Newton’s laws
5. Linear and angular movement
1. Basic terms- Current, Voltage, Resistance
3. Series and parallel connections
3. Electromagnetic radiation
4. Sound waves, ultrasound
Anatomy & Physiology
1. The Cardiovascular system
2. The Lymphatic system
3. The Gastrointestinal system
4. The Excretory system
5. The Respiratory system
6. The Nervous system
7. The Immune system
8. The Endocrine system
9. The Sensory organs
10. The Reproductive systems
12. The Musculoskeletal system
- Learn crucial and important methods for oral presentations mainly for presenting medical case studies in English.
- Learn how to present yourself formally in an interview, with the main focus on your determination to become a medical student and furthermore a doctor.
- Learn how to write a good resume/ CV in English.
- Extensive practice and beneficial tools to succeed in your MINI MULTI INTERVIEWS for medical schools as well as for your medical job interviews in the future.
- Enrich your formal vocabulary and mainly your MEDICAL vocabulary.
- How to overcome nerves and techniques to succeed in oral presentations in English.
- Learn how to analyse a medical case study and present it successfully.
- Learn to write the best PERSONAL STATEMENT for university admittance and job options.
- Build confidence in speaking English.
- Build confidence in writing formal emails, letters, and papers in English.